Mosquitoes are bloodsucking, skin-biting insects that can make life unbearable, but luckily enough, there are ways to get rid of them in your home. Learning to stop a pest infestation is something every homeowner should know. Whether those pests may be mosquitoes or even roaches. But, here's what you need to know about mosquitoes, they can be a hassle to deal with. So let’s help you answer your question of, “how do you get rid of mosquitoes in the house?”
Preventing mosquitoes can be quite the hassle since they can fly and they enjoy warm hosts. But don’t you worry, we have you covered with ways to get rid of mosquitoes both inside and outside of your home.
· Please get rid of stagnant waters where they could lay their eggs.
· Weekly, do a thorough cleaning of your surroundings, empty and scrub any items that hold water. You can also turn them over, cover them, or throw them out. Items that fall under this category include; trash containers, saucers, flowerpot, birdbaths, pools, toys, planters, buckets, or tires. Every one of these items are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Landscaping on a budget can help with any extra costs you may end up needing to take care of.
· Tightly cover up all water storage containers, including rain barrels, cisterns, and buckets, to prevent mosquitoes from entering into them to lay eggs. If you have lidless containers, you can cover them up with wire meshes with tiny holes that restrict adult mosquitoes.
· If you have water that cannot be dumped out or covered and are unfit for drinking, treat them with larvicides to kill off mosquitoes.
· Repair all holes and cracks on your septic tank and cover up the plumbing pipes and open vent. Also, try out the wire meshes.
· Treat your environment and kill all mosquitoes outside your home.
· Procure the use of an outdoor insecticide spray that is manufactured to kill mosquitoes in large areas.
· Ensure to follow the label instructions on the insecticides to know how best to use it. Dark, humid areas are conducive environments for mosquitoes, so ensure to spray the garage, under the carport or patio furniture.
Here's How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Indoors:
· Keep them out. This is the most obvious answer to, “how do you get rid of mosquitoes in the house?” This is also one way to help with keeping up your home quality. Just one creative way to sell your home fast could be mentioning you’ve never had any pests.
· Repair and replace all broken door and window screen, or install new ones.
· Avoid leaving doors open all the time.
· Use the air conditioning when available
· Kill the mosquitoes in your home with indoor insect sprays of indoor insect foggers. Also, treat the areas where they breed and rest. Reapply these products regularly as insecticides alone might not be able to get rid of mosquitoes. Ensure always to follow the label instructions and directions.
· Mosquitoes love hiding and resting in the dark, humid areas, especially the laundry room, under furniture, in clothes, and under the sink. Ensure that each of those areas is sprayed and treated.
Now that you can answer your question, “how do you get rid of mosquitoes in the house” you may need to just keep up on pest control to prevent any further infestations in your home.