Do you know how to stop a pest infestation? It is an ever-nagging question, more so for those have to deal with an already disturbing infestation on their hands. Pests can come in many forms. From rodents, ants, roaches, worms, beetles, and even snakes; these cannot only be a great nuisance, but an ever glaring health hazard to you, and others. Whether you are already under attack or just taking preventive measures.here are some simple steps, to keep you safe.
How to Stop a Pest Infestation
You can’t dispute the fact that houses which are not so clean can easily attract and harbor all kinds pests. However, you can stop a pest infestation with some simple measures. Some of these are:
- Clean away after every meal, removing all the food crumbs and particles. You must then keep any leftovers completely sealed. Doing so prevents ants and cockroaches from being able to follow the food trail, and multiplying.
- Trash cans should have tight lids on them. You should also regularly empty the trash to prevent ants, cockroaches, and any other creatures from accessing the trash to find sources of food, and nesting in there.
- Before you purchase any dry foods, inspect them for signs of beetles, worms, and any other pests that could find their way in your home.
- Cracks and holes are possible hiding places for all kinds of pests. Regularly inspect your home, especially walls, sealing any cracks and holes you find.
- Repair any leaks as soon as possible to prevent any kind pests from creating a home in there.
- Eliminate all clutter from all corners of your home; more so, the garage, basement and other less traffic areas which are known to harbor pests.
- If you have firewood, keep it stacked off the ground, so that ants will not feed on them. Again, snails and rodents cannot crawl and hide in there.
2. Trim All Trees and Bushes
Thick branches, shrubs, and even thick grass are possible hiding, and nesting places for all kinds of pests including snakes, birds, rodents, to name just but a few. To make sure that this never occurs, regularly cut the grass and keep your lawn as clean and spotless as possible. Prune, and trim all tree branches. Other than that, ensure that none of these shrubs, bushes, and trees are growing close to your structure.
3. Seal off All Possible Entry Points
Apart from cracks, the other entry points include the windows; gaps found under garage doors, open drainage, among others. You should, therefore, inspect your home for any signs of these entry points and seal them up. Also, stagnant water around the home can attract pests such as mosquitoes; so ensure that there is no standing water around.
When it comes to learning how to stop a pest infestation, you should know how to prevent them from wanting to enter your home. Still, even when you are already under attack, the same measures can be applied to rid your home of any kind of infestation. Again if there is full-blown infestation, you can use recommended pesticides and traps to kill the existing pests. Once done, apply all the already mentioned preventive actions to keep them away for good.